Challenge Day #12 – What is your favorite recipe
I have perfected my hassleback chicken recipe. I used to look at my recipe constantly just to make sure I get everything right. It also took me FOREVER to prepare, but not anymore!
I found it on Pinterest one day when I wanted to make something different for my husband and I am so glad I did. You can find the recipe HERE and you HAVE to try it if you haven’t already. Her post has way better pictures, it’ll leave you hungry.
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese (or feta)
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (aprrox. 1.5 lbs.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp paprika
- ⅓ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (or cheddar)
- Preheat oven to350 F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with foil, set aside.
- In a large skillet add a splash of olive oil,cook spinach over medium until slightly wilted (approx. 3-5 min). Add crumbled goat cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted (about 1 min).Stir in red pepper flakes (if using) Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts on prepared baking sheet. Using a sharp knife cut slits across the chicken breast about ¾ of the way through chicken breast (careful not to cut all the way through) about ½-3/4 inch apart (approx. 6-8 slits per chicken breast). Stuff each slit with spinach/goat cheese mixture.
- Generously salt and pepper top of chicken breast and season with paprika. Sprinkle ¼ of the mozzarella cheese among each chicken breast.
- Place chicken breasts in the oven and bake for 20-25 min. If desired switch oven from bake to broil for the last 10 min. of cooking (for more bubbly and browned cheese)
Go ahead and give it a go! You will NOT be disappointed if you’re a chicken lover.
If you would like to participate on the challenge, see my Blog Challenge Day 3 for the rules.